Chat room commands
liveHarmony's chat software, in addition to a graphical interface, also
offers command-based options.
Commands are entered like normal text but with one exception: all
commands start with the forward-slash character, /
Be sure to use the / key, not \ or |. The
/ character tells the system to process your text as a command,
not as a message.
- /NICK newname Changes your nickname to newname.
Example: /NICK SantaClaus
- /JOIN #roomname Enters the room roomname.
Example: /JOIN #support
- /NEWJOIN #roomname Enters the room roomname in
a new window. Example: /NEWJOIN #lobby
- /PART #roomname Leaves the room roomname.
Example: /PART #teenconnection
- /QUERY nickname Opens up a private message box with
nickname. Example: /QUERY Patrick
- /WHOIS nickname Obtains information about nickname.
nickname. Example: /WHOIS Aeriana
- /WHOWAS nickname Obtains information about the user
previously under the name nickname. Example: /WHOWAS
- /ME action Sends an action message. Example: /ME
slaps Sage with a trout
- /NICKSERV INFO nickname Obtains information about the
user nickname. Useful for determining when a user last signed on.
Example: /NICKSERV INFO Patrick
- /CHANSERV INFO #roomname Obtains information about the
room roomname. Useful for determining who owns a room. Example:
/CHANSERV INFO #loft
- /TOPIC newtopic Changes the topic of the current room
to newtopic. Example: /TOPIC Willkommen!
- /KICK #roomname nickname reason Kicks
the user nickname from room with reason reason. The
reason is optional. Example: /KICK #lobby Ross bye
- /BAN nickname Bans the user nickname from the
current room. We suggest using the graphical operator panel to unban
users; type /LOAD OpPanel to show it. Example: /BAN
- /CHANSERV INVITE #roomname Invites you to room.
The invite will override any bans against you. This is useful when
another operator kicks you from your own room. Example: /CHANSERV
Full command lists
Note that these lists may include commands that are only available to
Back to top